The Ramón Areces Visiting Fellowship
Applications are open for the Ramón Areces Fellowship in Modern Spanish Studies for the academic year 2024-2025 at St Antony’s College, University of Oxford.
The Ramón Areces Visiting Fellow will undertake research in any subject related to modern Spain, in the context of social sciences (politics, international relations, political economy, social anthropology, sociology) and history.
Applicants should hold a doctorate at the time of application and a good working knowledge of English is essential. The Fellow will pursue their own research and participate fully in the academic life of the College and the European Studies Centre.
The fellowship is awarded for a full academic year from the start of October 2024 until the end of June 2025. It carries a stipend of £30,000, plus other College benefits. Taxation in the UK and elsewhere depends on the individual circumstances of the candidate and independent personal advice should be taken as necessary.
The successful candidate will become a member of the academic community of the European Studies Centre, and a Visiting Fellow of St Antony’s College. They will be expected to reside in Oxford during tenure, to pursue their own research, to participate fully in the academic life of the European Studies Centre at Oxford and deliver lecture(s).
The European Studies Centre, with the advice of the Fellow, will organize an annual conference, through their networks and contacts with academics who could be invited to present their work at the Centre, bringing together scholars and interested parties from Spain, the UK and elsewhere.
- Access to both college and university libraries
- Three High Table dinners per term and meal allowance
- Access to College facilities such as the common room and meeting rooms
- Office space at the European Centre
- IT support and administrative support in the European Studies Centre
- Some funds for activities
How to apply
- A clear research proposal which should specify the research question, approach, methodology, and intended outcome of the proposed research (3-5 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two names of referees with contact details
Applications should be sent by email at [email protected] or be received by post no later than Sunday, February 18 2024 at:
The European Studies Centre
St Antony’s College
Oxford OX2 6JF, UK